I found this amazing piece of furniture from a sweet lady who had it as a little girl and set it aside for 50 years. Now it’s been made new again for our girl. A special bonus of buying used furniture is finding little treasures, like the vintage tea set I found INSIDE the cabinet itself!
Here’s how I gave this cabinet new life:
1. I removed the hardware and cleaned the piece with Dawn soap and water.
2. I did a really light sand. I generally do a liiight sand (not to strip, but for adhesion & long lasting durability).
3. After sanding I PRIME & then fill holes/dents with wood filler.
4. Now, I sanded with 120 grit to smooth it out.
5. Then I applied paint!
1. Using an epoxy resin I mixed equal parts of A & B in a disposable cup to make a chemical reaction!
–Tips for resin:
> Use separate cups to measure out your equal parts
> After pouring the 2 parts together, stirrrrr it with the included sticks!
2. Pour the mixture into the mold.
3. After it is cured, remove from the mold (my favorite part!).
– I let mine sit for about 10 minutes, but make sure to read the resin instructions for specific cure times to the brand you use.
1. At this point I painted the furniture piece again this time with some BB Frosch. (link to shopify)
a. It’s a paint additive that I use in all of my projects! Helps with dry time, self leveling, harening, adhesion. You don’t have to prime or sand, but I usually do especially with older stuff.
2. I attached them to the resin flowers with adhesive.
3. Then I caulked and painted it all together!
DO YOU LOVE IT?? This piece will forever tell a story of its own. A story that can be passed on & made to last! I hope it’s one that will continue to be loved and passed on forever.
A labor of love & one that I truly love.
If you want all my tips & tricks for restoring furniture, make sure you check out my How to Flip Furniture ebook!